2021 CO antelope unit recommendations

Billy Goat

Sep 5, 2017
I started putting in for Antelope PP's a long time ago just cause it was easy.

I now find I'm sitting on 8 PP's, and I may want to use them in 2021. 

if anyone has a recommendation on destination, please let me know.  I know most of the CO goat herd is east of 25.

from my review of the draw results, it looks like it takes NR's a TON of points to draw some units where there are relatively few tags, and not very many points in other units.  Since I'm sitting on so many PPs, I'd like something that takes >5 PP's if possible. 

I'm VERY open to recommendations. I'm really an elk hunter, who just realized that it may be time to hunt goats cause I have enough PP's to do so. :)

thanks gents, and be well. 

shane

Shane I have not drawn antelope tag in 6 years in an area that only requires one preference point. So now I have 6 PP?s. If you figure out the secret combination please  share it.

I have a buddy who is now up to 12 points and did not draw a tag in an area that requires 5.

CPW has in their infinite wisdom made drawing an antelope tag a rare thing. That being said, look at  GMU 11.

man Randy, you are right.  CO goat tags are a rare thing!

I would have thought that being physically between NM (has plenty) and WY (has all of them....), CO would have a pretty huge antelope population and fairly easy tags, but NOT SO!

many units/hunts have <10 tags allocated after a brief review of tags.  I'll keep digging. Looks like it may be a while before I get to hunt them!

thanks for your reply.

shane

I have hunted numerous units and scouted numerous units in Colorado. DO NOT LET PEOPLE FOOL YOU! THERE IS TONS OF ACRES, EASY TO DRAW TAGS, AND PLENT OF ANIMALS TO GO AROUND. Most people scream "Why Co?! Go to WY!" LOL KEEP SAYING AND THINKING THAT PEOPLE! LOL If you want some guidance, if you have onx, hit me up. Willing to share points and send you in the right direction.

Randy, you put in for a unit that only requires one point to draw and didn't draw again with six? Something must be wrong for that to happen. Either it takes more points than that or you aren't putting that as your first choice, right?

I have been putting in for AF011R for the last six years ( one pp required ). This year I put in for AM011R since I had 6pp?s. My second choice was AF011. Net result still getting points. Now have enough points might as well go for something better so we will see.

Randy, I see that AF011O1R took 5 preference points to draw this year. AM011O1R took 15 preference points. Those took 4 and 15 points in 2020. Looks like you might have gotten hit with some point creep on the doe tag?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back