.300 weatherby

Garrett Weaver

Dec 28, 2012
I'm looking for a scope for this gun. I want to start shooting at longe ranges and since I started bow hunting I quit paying attention to whats out there in the scope market, any ideas? So far I have gravitated towards a 4x12 with a 50mm objective lense.

Depends how much you are willing to spend, I like leopold mark 4, nightforce, if you want a high dollar scope. I use a nikon that works just fine.

For most hunters, the 4x12 is more than adequate to support their shooting ability  I have used a similar one on my 300 Wby out past 400 yds without an issue.  Nightforce look/perform great, but not in my budget nor required for my distances. You can easily spend more thatn a diamond ring for Momma if ya want to.

I keep finding myself looking at the Vortex line.  Lots of options and you don't have to break the bank getting something nice.

If vortex scopes are anything like their binoculars they come with a lifetime warranty to( i think). My dad has been pushing me towards vortex. I'm hesitant because they are to affordable, and have no experience with them.

I didn't have much to spend on a scope for my .300 wby, so after looking around at my options in my price range, I finally put a 4-12 x 40 Nikon prostaff with the BDC reticle.  Zoomed all the way in there are marks all the way out over 750 yards.  Clarity is great for the price. You can print out bullet drop charts with the Nikon Spot On calculator online, it is great

With a .300 Weatherby you will limit a great round with a sub-par scope. I'd go with a Nightforce. If you can't afford it I wouldn't go any less than a Leopold Mark 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back