3D archery league

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
Looking to start a 3D archery league for fellow coworkers.  Thats all I know about how to do this.  Anyone have info about how to get this done?
I have 7 diferent 3d targets.

You have a great start. Look at ASA to give you some "rules" to work from. I would just set them up and shoot. Most important thing is to have fun.

yeah I would say look at ASA for rules etc.  You have different classes based on setup and distance.  So you'll also need stakes for different distances.  But it is a blast! i just got into it last year and i can't wait for it to start back up this year

I've been trying to get this going and I think we have enough shooters but its just a little cold for people right now.  Good thing it warms up here fairly early in the year.

dplumlee12 said:
I've been trying to get this going and I think we have enough shooters but its just a little cold for people right now.  Good thing it warms up here fairly early in the year.

most leagues wait til the main winter hunting seasons are over to start up.  Also post your shoot on 3dshoots.com, local forums, and archerytalk and you will probly have several people show up especially if you have a free shoot.  But it wouldn't be asking to much to charge five bucks or so for your troubles.  that's normal

If I charge I would think people would want something other than just shooting in return.  Like prize money or something???  I'm gonna look into this though.

dplumlee12 said:
If I charge I would think people would want something other than just shooting in return.  Like prize money or something???  I'm gonna look into this though.

yeah that could make things interesting. five bucks a head winner gets the pot

we have quite a few shoots in my area its $10 a shoot anywhere from 30 to 40 targets 30 being the norm then they also have a long shot for a $1 an arrow no limit they set out a target min 90 yards sometimes over a 100 unknown to the shooter no range finders they put an orange dot on the target if you hit the dot you get half the pot the $10 for the shoot go for target replacement and or new targets

no limits do what it takes said:
we have quite a few shoots in my area its $10 a shoot anywhere from 30 to 40 targets 30 being the norm then they also have a long shot for a $1 an arrow no limit they set out a target min 90 yards sometimes over a 100 unknown to the shooter no range finders they put an orange dot on the target if you hit the dot you get half the pot the $10 for the shoot go for target replacement and or new targets

that sounds like a blast

Ya, your on the right track. Look for rules online. Score cards are easy to make. My company held our first 3D shoot last year in October in Caldwell, ID. It was a zombie pop-up shoot. It was a blast. Can't wait until the next one.
Shoot me an email if you need any help or need ideas

I would charge a fee for shooting for target replacements. The targets aren't cheap and get shot up quicker than a person thinks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back