75 Years Ago Today

razorback

Mar 11, 2014
Just a reminder that 75 years ago we suffered one of our darker days. From that day we learned that our greatest generation emerged and secured this country\'s freedom as well as liberating many others. If you should be so lucky to know a WW II veteran, please remember to thank them. Sadly there are fewer each year. I know I am honored to have had a few in my family.

one of the greatest joys ive had in my life as a nurse has been to take care of many ww2 vets and of course there families, even a couple on the other side. i also have both of my gpas ribbons medals etc that my son has now taken an displayed in his room. they are all heros. i have known a guy from poland that was 17 in 1939 and never saw his family again, i have met a lady that was 12 and her uncle was a owner in the messerschmidt factory and she told me of the allied bombing of her city, i met a physicist that worked on the manhattan project (of course he didnt know what it was or why at the time, he an his team just had a problem to figure out then sent the answer on up the line), i have met a guy that literally landed in the first wave at dday, and many many more. yes they are all heros. that all means so much to me, even more after the last month. FREEDOM ISNT FREE.

When Bob Holden was elected governor of MO he started an award program for MO WWII vets. I was the coordinator for our battalion. So many vets applied for that medal in person and I got to meet and speak to each of them. Put a different perspective on what it meant to serve, at least for me. I have also helped my neighbor who coordinates the Honor Tour program. Those men were just cut from a different cloth. Enough can\'t be said for the price they paid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back