Advice on the Tz1250

BrentLaBere

Jan 7, 2013
I am looking for a new day pack that is capable of carrying small loads. Anyone have experience with this pack? And what would be the max load capacity for it?
With a little rigging it seems like one could carry as much as a front quarter or the back straps and small trimmings.
Looking for opinions.

Corey used this pack in 2012 to carry out a front shoulder of a bull elk. It worked fine without any damage to the pack what so ever. Of course it wasnt as comfortable as an external pack frame but it did work.

Check out the review

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DV03iAp6xkew&ei=uhTwUtjHIsWvsQTBkICIAQ&usg=AFQjCNEgu0hMha-F1vWeQhZesPVRdBy4mg&bvm=bv.60444564,d.cWc[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks for the response guys. Ha, I have watched that review a couple times debating on my purchase. I look at it and think I could fit the top end down in the large pouch and sling the top side up through the bow holder for stabilizing. I hear you on the comfortable part and have a pack frame already. Just dont want to waste a trip without packing something. Good to hear it would hold up.

I wonder though, is something like this covered in warranty if the pack is overloaded like that?

4 days and counting for no response from elk101 and Tenzing website customer service on responding to any questions about this pack. Anyone else have troubles contacting them? I have read on some other site about them not standing behind the warranty......makes me wonder.

No offence to TZ but if they dont reply now what happens when you really need them id keep shopping thats just my thoughts costumer service is important when your shelling out that kinda money and have questions.

cowboystl1 said:
No offence to TZ but if they dont reply now what happens when you really need them id keep shopping thats just my thoughts costumer service is important when your shelling out that kinda money and have questions.

Yeah thats where it stands now. No response at all. Moving on to a different company.......I would hate to deal with that if something happened. Like you said, for that kind of money, forget it.

i did notice a new post on here about a sitka flash 20 a guy was selling i know they can carry a shoulder  might be worth a look its a good price

BrentLaBere,

Sorry, just saw this post, but I was curious what numbers or emails you used to try contacting us and Tenzing at (particularly Elk101)? If an email comes through on a Friday afternoon, it might be Monday before someone responds, but outside that, you should see replies the same day. If not, I'd like to find out when it happened and why. Or did you mean that no one had responded here on the Forums from Elk101?

As far as the Tenzing warranty, it has been 100% in my experience. We sold hundreds of packs in 2013, and only had 3 come back for warranty issues. All of them were replaced without hesitation or question by Tenzing. One of them had a cracked buckle (likely shut in a door or something)....Tenzing didn't send a new buckle, they sent a new pack. Their warranty has been second to none in my experience, and in everything I've heard from others.

Here is a photo of me packing a front shoulder from Dirk's Wyoming bull with the TZ1250...definitely not the most comfortable pack with weight, but again, that's not what it's designed for, but it handled the load just fine. I used the bow holder to secure the bottom of the quarter, then attached the top of the quarter to the strap on the shoulder harness, with a few bungies around the quarter attached to the main pack.

Attachments

• TZ1250_packing.jpg
    TZ1250_packing.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back