Alps Hybrid X?

emiller35

Jul 8, 2017
Anyone have any experience with any of the Alps packs? I know the hybrid axis slated to come out this June and seemed decently priced. I have a buddy coming out for a hunt this year and doesn?t want to spend $500+ on a pack he will maybe use once a year. Any input or other recommendation is appreciated, his budget is ~300 for a pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of pack is he looking for? A pack for a bivy hunt or just a day pack that can haul meat?

For a day pack that hauls well I'd go with the Badlands 2200, you can find them relatively cheap.

Otherwise, I'd look at the slumberjack rail hauler I think it was called. I picked up one last year as a cheap frame pack I could loan out and it worked well. Use that and a dry bag and you're set for a cheap option. Camofire.com has deals every now and then.

Another inexpensive option is the Horn Hunter Full Curl. Solid pack and I?ve been pretty happy with mine. I noticed they had them on sale in the Elk101 store the other day. Might be worth checking out?

Appreciate the info guys. Yes he is looking for more of a bivy pack that he can spend a few days out of (3-4 max). He says he is going to try a pack in that price range before dumping money into a ?higher end? pack, we will see what he chooses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the look of that pack. I will be ordering one as soon as they're available. I've heard good reviews from the alps brand.

Another good option is the Eberlestock X2.  It?s a solid intro pack with plenty of room and can help you haul meat out as well. That was one of my first intro packs and 3-4 day loadout is perfect with room to spare.  If he chooses a solid color it makes a great travel bag for vacations etc

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back