Another dry year..........

ghost

Dec 28, 2012
From the looks of it we may have another dry year here in Utah. My yard is snow free and I'm doing yard work in 50* temps. We usually have a lot more snow on the ground and average another 6-10" in the month of March. Out snow pack is about 70% from an average year with no precipitation on the forecast.

How has everybody else fared this winter in your state ?

Here in Michigan winter just won't give up!! It's usually in the low 40's this time of year, but it's been in the 20's and 30's here at best.....and it's snowing again

Well I would take any of those temps right now........suppose to get down to 5 F tonight.
I think its 15 right now with 10-20 mph winds :-\ . I am ready to hit the river for some walleyes too.

I have to agree with BrentLaBere I am sick of the cold and would love some 50 degree weather. just snowed monday about 2 inches of powder and now the wind is going 20-30 mph making a mess of things. wind chill could get us to -20 tonight

SE MT is dry again but we burnt up pretty much everything around but would love to see roads shut down again during season.  Means less road hunters where the elk frequent and stops a lot of hunters around here.  Lots of folks willing to put in the work but many that won't.

We are warm enough here in Oregon, but not near the rain we need to get through bow season.  The rivers look like they are mid summer already.  Hopefully the snow pack is enough to sustain us.

Currently raining here in central washington while snowing in the mountains. Supposed to get 8-10 inches above 3000 feet. Maybe we can continue to build the snowpack to help us get thru the summer.

In your attic brother,  Idaho needs some good old late summer storms and moisture it's been awhile since we have had the perfect september conditions.  Trying to be optimistic & good luck to all.

too early in the year to tell much,it could rain all summer!!.But here in Mt im ready for  a little summer rain.it sucks not being able to have a fire at hunting camp due to fire restrictions .

The area ill be hunting in ID is sitting right on top of the averages for snow pack, so it's not looking to bad at this point.

The news man said this morning that we are 7 inches short for rain fall from January 1 through midnight last night.  I am worried for sure.

In Wisconsin, winter won't let go. We have yet to hit 40 Degrees and the snow in the woods here is pretty deep yet(At least for Central Wisconsin). We were out tapping Maple trees for making maple syrup and the snow is over the knees yet. Damn near to the mid section. I would welcome warm weather any time.

Has felt alot like spring here in the valleys of Western Montana, but it sounds like the snowpack levels in the mountains are around 80 percent of usual. Hopefully we will be getting more weather soon, or it may be another bad fire year. Appears to be the beginning of an early runoff, but you never can really tell how bad it will be til July it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back