Another Pig...my Daughter says I "cheated"

elkmtngear

Aug 9, 2017
After missing a slamdunk shot on a nice hog down in the canyon, I did something I haven\'t done in 30 years...took my rifle after them. I have jumped pigs in these brushy canyons on a couple different occasions, and so I took my GPS to mark the \"pig holes\" where I\'ve seen them historically.

While sneaking up through the bottom of the canyon on the second \"pig hole\"...I heard something \"blow\" up on the sidehill in the brush...and then again. Knowing it was either a deer or a pig, I started looking around for the source, and this big sow\'s head appeared looking at me from about 80 yards. Got the scope up on her, and she ran through the brush a little ways. Fortunately, she stopped, giving me a perfect lane into her chest...boom!

When I sent this picture to my Daughter...her response: DAD, YOU CHEATED!
Big%20Sow_zpswqzjykcj.jpg

My Daughter just deployed to Okinawa, after being the Honor Graduate in her Marine Corp Financial Management School. I told her \"I needed food\" and she said, \"still judging you...my Motto is: archery for animals...guns for people\"! :lol:

Hmmmm...

I dont think you cheated...

UNLESS you could have made that shot with your bow....

Nice shooting :)

\"cnelk\" said:
Hmmmm...

I dont think you cheated...

UNLESS you could have made that shot with your bow....

Nice shooting :)

Thanks Brad...yeah, she was way out of my comfort zone! :D

nice one jeff! btw, my younger brother is currently stationed in Okinawa, in the marines.....
I can pm you his name if she wants to look him up...

\"zpd307\" said:
nice one jeff! btw, my younger brother is currently stationed in Okinawa, in the marines.....
I can pm you his name if she wants to look him up...

Yes Gary, definitely!

\"bnsafe\" said:
no cheating there, alls fair in love and pig hunting

I agree! Show your daughter the Texas pig hunts from helicopters and then ask if you cheated! :lol:

\"cohunter14\" said:
\"bnsafe\" said:
no cheating there, alls fair in love and pig hunting

I agree! Show your daughter the Texas pig hunts from helicopters and then ask if you cheated! :lol:

That\'s a great idea, Derek!

What\'s not to like about those vids...they are about as fun as hunting can get! :mg:

It\'s like a video game lol :lol:

Sharing now....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89UliEiQQyU[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back