Any .270's out there?

beastnatch

Jan 2, 2013
I hunt with a .270 win. Anyone else have much success with a .270? What bullet/loads do you shoot?

Yeah I'm a .270 guy. I haven't had any problem with it at all. I shoot 130 grain, but I'm going to switch to 150 grain bullets this up coming year. I'm going to switch becuase of archery hunting actually. I was shooting 100 grain broadheads and they didn't seem to get enough penetration so I'm switching to 125 grains. I figure that for a .270 the switch in grains wont hurt anything and won't take any real sighting in. Maybe one click on my scope.

Yes I shoot a .270 and also 130 grain for whitetail and Muleys I think for Elk I would shoot at least 150 grain just because of size I should probably shoot 150's on Muley's too but I don't.

That's the only rifle I've hunted with and I've had a lot of success with it. I have a Savage .270 and I generally shoot 150 grain for deer and elk. I love .270s!

I'm mostly an archery guy, but one elk, one moose, one bear, one deer, one mountain lion, and too many coyotes to count have all fallen to a .270 so it's worked well for this archer.

only hunted elk one time with rifle. All three in camp had .270's. Two out of three of us got shots--two one shot kills--no tracking. Both bullets were Hornady Superformance-130gr, one was GMX the other Interbond--nearly identical performance.--Bill

Remington 700 .270 for me. I use a 150gr bullet and have never had a problem with them dropping an elk. Now I'm into archery the poor thing collects dust. Great gun though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back