Any lady elk hunters-makeup or none on the hunt?

KariLynnSmith

Mar 27, 2018
Ladies,(or gents who want to speak up)  we have all seen Tiffany and others with full makeup during their hunts. I want to know thoughts on makeup in the woods? Yes? No? Reasons? And what do guys who hunt with us think?

My wife used to bowhunt with me after work.  She worked in an office so was all dolled up.  She shot 2 deer and saw numerous others.  She'd just spray scent killer and play the wind.

Sadly since kids she's not been out too much but I keep trying.

I?m a 50ish year old woman who hunts elk during muzzleloader season and/or accompanies my husband on his archery elk hunts (when I/he/or we both are lucky enough to draw a tag in our home state of NM).  I don?t get all dolled up with makeup such as using eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, or lipstick, but I do use my base makeup and powder as a ?primer? under my camo paint because my makeup base and powder contains sunscreen.  I also use the powder over my camo to tone down the shiny camo paint.  I carry a non scented SPF 17 chap stick in the side pouch of my Alaska Guide Creations bino pack and use it throughout the day to help keep my lips from drying out and getting sunburned.  The NM high desert and even the NM high mountain areas are brutal when it comes to the sun.  Now.......if I were being filmed for television, I would definitely get all dolled up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back