Anyone been to Spain?

colorado russ

Aug 10, 2017
Planning a trip before summer(May-June timeframe) for 2 weeks and thought I'd just see if anyone here has been and has any recommendations.

Hunting isn't on the list of things to do but may take a day trip fishing off coast of Barcelona or Valencia.

Right now plans are to fly into Madrid, stay 3 nights, high speed train to Barcelona for 4 nights, rail train to Valencia for 3 nights then high speed train back to Madrid for 3-4 nights.  Will be doing excursions and city tours along with hanging out on the beach.

My wife and I are taking a "big" trip every other year for 2 weeks until we can retire and travel more and Spain got the vote for 2018!

Sounds like fun Russ! I haven't been there before, but from people I've talked to they give Barcelona a huge thumbs up. I've heard that place is pretty spectacular and most I've talked to would spend more time there than anywhere else. Wish I could say for myself, but maybe someday!

3 years ago we did our first trip that was over a week long - Alaska for 10 days and then we decided every other year to do it.  Well, we moved last year so it became this years trip. We're saving like crazy for it and will have to start saving for the next one after we get back!

I've been three times and you're in for a treat!
My recommendations usually always stem around food....

so with that being said.... find the smallest mom and pop restaurants you can find; use your best spanglish and order whatever they recommend. Then plan to spend the next couple hours there eating some amazing food, trying great wine, and having a grand old time.

Speaking of wine, Spain has some fantastic honey rums. 

I'd recommend a beach trip too. If you go though.... bring sun glasses.... otherwise Sandy might be smacking you a few times.  :haha:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back