anyone else have this problem with flipnzip?

mtndone

Jan 2, 2013
Let me start off by saying I am not trying to bash a manufacturer- I am just curious if I am doing something wrong.  The past couple of seasons I have been using a flipnzip by outdoor edge and while it is wicked sharp and opens a body cavity like there was a zipper attached, it is a bear to clean!  I wash my knives as soon as possible and this one I have to fully disassemble to get clean - the pic attached is after it rinsed clean - I took it apart to get a couple of spots that a qtip would not reach and voila very dirty knife!  it seems like the liners hold blood and debris under them and there really is no way to get to it other than taking it apart- anybody have any suggestions for cleaning one of these? its a great knife but I would rather not waste a couple hours cleaning when I should be hunting- thanks, mtndone

Attachments

• flip.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 0
Maybe soak it in something?
I'm afraid it is pretty much the nature of the beast with a folding style knife, although some can be more prone to holding debris than others.

That is why I like the fixed blades, easy to clean :)
Plus, I don't gut the elk any more until just about all the meat is in bags (much cleaner) so I do not need the gut blade at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back