Anyone hearing anything in Montana?

Ivar88

Aug 8, 2017
First let me say good luck to everyone hunting this year. We have been hunting for a few days and heard some weak bugles on Thursday night, but for the last couple of days it has been complete silence. Is anyone getting any activity across the state?

Not Montana but in North Idaho I have heard bugles every day I have been out. Heard from another guy who hunts the same areas that he can't locate any elk at all and they aren't' talking. Maybe just depends on the days your out. I've hunted the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and the 15th. Got into real fired up bulls on the 11th and 15th.

ribo451 said:
Not Montana but in North Idaho I have heard bugles every day I have been out. Heard from another guy who hunts the same areas that he can't locate any elk at all and they aren't' talking. Maybe just depends on the days your out. I've hunted the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and the 15th. Got into real fired up bulls on the 11th and 15th.

Good stuff!!! Glad you?re hearing them. We only have till Friday so hopefully they get fired up! At this point for me, if it?s brown, it?s down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back