Anyone use Google Earth to find bedding areas?

balerjoe

Jan 2, 2013
Has anyone successfully used Google earth to find these areas? If so what are you looking for?
Can someone post pics w/explanations?

Can't do pics but I have had some success guessing where elk are bedding based off of likelihood of use.  Looks for saddles up above water with good timber cover. 

I've been using bing maps.  Pretty easy to see the game trails (can't say they are elk) leading from wet areas into the darker woods.  Here is an example: http://binged.it/12p2Frc

one area I look closely at is benches in bowls above creek bottoms preferably in close proximity to headwaters where the creeks/ streams originate. good luck

Benches or saddles above water generally are where to look for elk bedding areas? I can not find the bedding area in my spot. I found where they drink where they rub I found a cple spots where It looke like they had bedded once but nothing consostent

I came across a bunch of bed this summer midway through archery season. They were consistently used...no more than two or three nights passed without new or moved beds...I cant see those bedding areas on GM...But I can see the beat up trails used to get in and out of the area...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back