Archery/ Elk Hunting Books...

enigmatic

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone have a book they found insightful on archery or elk hunting in general?...I was turned on to "Technical Bowhunting" by Joe Bell and considering how old it is, it has an amazing amount of information.  I like that it takes a very scientific approach to breaking down bows, arrows, arrow flight and other things.  Plus, it has input from Randy Ulmer and other archery hunting icons.

Ultimate elk hunting guide...I think that's the title, but written by Bob Robb.  Best thing is he hit up lots of others like Randy Ulmer, Dan Evans, etc and gives them a chapter.

I have read all these and also Eastman's too.  They all have some great information that one can use to their advantage.  I find the more you know the better.

I am new to elk hunting and have read a few the best one is Bowhunting modern elk by patrick meitin. its a petersons book as well covers alot of aspects

Does anyone know of a good book about general elk behavior or day to day movement? I'm trying to understand how the elk move and why they move throughout the day.

josiahpeters said:
Doesanyone know of a good book about general elk behavior or day to day movement? I'm trying to understand how the elk move and why they move throughout the day.
Check out Elknuts playbook, it will have everything you need.

Some of those sound like really good books. I'm going to look into them. I'm not a fan of reading unless it comes to hunting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back