Are elk hunters social distancing?

B

Bull_Fighter

I don't know about you all, but I'm wearing masks in public places, washing my hands constantly, not touching my face if I can help it, keeping distance from other people in public places as much as possible. If for no other reason than FOR THE LOVE OF ELK HUNTING! I mean, come on guys! I've got plans in September and if you can't follow some simple guidelines to help crush the curve, well that's just messed up! I see the cool kids in the grocery store that think it's stupid to wear a mask and people are out partying, rioting, protesting, this list goes on. There are more COVID cases in my state now than ever before. We need to buckle down just a little longer. As I said, I have plans in SEPTEMBER. That's coming up soon!

:-D :silent:        :agg:        :think:              :oops:       :mg:      :silent: :silent:   

I don't wear a mask much at all. But that's because I do not, nor have not, had symptoms of the virus. Yes, there is a decent chance I've had or have the virus and I'm asymptomatic, but according to the WHO there is very little, if any, chance of me passing the virus on to someone if I'm asymptomatic. And the mask will not prevent me from getting the virus, which even if it did I probably wouldn't worry about wearing it. I'm younger and healthy, so I'm more likely to die from the regular flu, from getting struck by lightning, or by driving my car to the grocery store.

Simply put, I don't buy into the media's stories about how bad things are. Testing has increased, therefore cases will increase. Look at the percentage of positive tests out there and you will see very little increase. Deaths, on the other hand, have plummeted for ten straight weeks and continue to do so, but you will never hear that. Hospitals are nowhere close to being overwhelmed, which is why we shut down in the first place.

This is simply my opinion based on educating myself on the facts that are available. But I have zero concern about hunting seasons getting cancelled. COVID is going nowhere anytime soon, so we have got to learn to live with it. And I have decided to do just that, living my normal life despite the fear the media tries to put out there.

Same as cohunter14 here. I don't believe the false media. I am not worried about getting it.

I like social distancing. I have been doing it for years. Every September. :grin:

To be clear, I too have zero concern of actual hunting seasons being canceled. I have zero concern of dying from COVID. I'm talking about my own hunting season and the fact that if myself or my kids/wife get sick, that's going to put a wrench in my plans. That could be regular flu, COVID, or whatever. I also don't buy into the media's reporting and I agree with most of what you said. I didn't mean to get all political here, but I guess this is a hot topic so it is what it is. What I do know is that, as you said, this thing isn't going away anytime soon. I'm going to do everything I can between now and September to make sure I'm in those elk woods. I don't think a mask is going to stop every single molecule from passing through, but it certainly protects a little (in my opinion) and I'm willing to participate for the better good of my own elk season. I'm living my normal life as well, but I'm being more mindful of germs between now and Sept.

I here ya about not wanting to be sick before a hunt. I have had a sinus infection shortly before a hunting trip. I also broke a rib 2 weeks before a 3 week hunt. Pulling the bow back I had to try to ignore the pain.

I pray that everything at home goes smoothly before and during my hunts while I am away.

Bowhunter1 said:
Same as cohunter14 here. I don't believe the false media. I am not worried about getting it.

I like social distancing. I have been doing it for years. Every September. :-D

I should have named the post "Are you worried about getting it?" I don't believe the fake news media either. But I just realized, I am a little worried about getting it! That's why I posted this. It's here. It's spread around the entire globe. September is approaching. School starts before then. Kids carry germs like crazy. Ahhhh! Missing my elk hunt would be worse than dying.

Bowhunter1 said:
I here ya about not wanting to be sick before a hunt. I have had a sinus infection shortly before a hunting trip. I also broke a rib 2 weeks before a 3 week hunt. Pulling the bow back I had to try to ignore the pain.

I pray that everything at home goes smoothly before and during my hunts while I am away.

Man, I hear that! I just want everything to go as smoothly as possible. I've been grinding hard since Oct. 1, 2019 putting in a lot of hard work and sweat to make 2020 the best elk season yet. It would be silly not to protect that investment.

Sorry if my post came across political, it wasn?t meant to be. Honestly even the conservative news stations continue to cover the worst news instead of the good news of the drop in deaths. Fear sells.

One thing to consider in your approach to this: by wearing masks, socially distancing, washing your hands constantly, etc what you are actually doing is weakening your immune system, making you more susceptible to any illness, not just COVID. The only thing you can control when it comes to not getting sick is getting your immune system as strong as possible.

This is not political. Wearing a mask is not about any of us. It is about everyone we come in contact with. Whether you agree or disagree is not the point. We owe it to each other and everyone else to do what we can. Wearing a mask is a small inconvenience
that could help us get through this. Just my thoughts.

Rdub said:
This is not political. Wearing a mask is not about any of us. It is about everyone we come in contact with. Whether you agree or disagree is not the point. We owe it to each other and everyone else to do what we can. Wearing a mask is a small inconvenience

Well said

Rdub said:

Randy, we have been ?forum friends? for a long, long time and I absolutely respect your opinion. As I mentioned, the reason I don?t wear a mask much is because they don?t prevent you from getting airborne illnesses, aka COVID. So if you don?t have the virus or are asymptomatic, the only time they really help is if someone actually has the virus and goes out. And if I get the virus, I absolutely do not plan on going out in public at all.

Respirators like the kn95 and the n95 do stop airborn pathogens, I should know, i live it every day with my job. Surgical masks do not stop all but some. Same with homemade masks. (Think of throwing a marble at a chain link fence).  If everyone would wear them, transmission should go down. It would be a lot harder for you to throw a marble through 2 chain link fences, no? Point is on paper it should reduce transmission of this virus. Fact is, people wear them like chin straps and are constantly messing with them rendering them ineffective. Do I wear them outside of work around people, yes.  I also don?t judge when people don?t as those would likely be the people wearing them incorrectly anyway. 

But let?s not kid ourselves, this virus is a killer of elderly people, no doubt. Do what you can to protect them. This is not the flu. Looking forward to the hunting season so I can get away from the hysteria that is our nation! Good luck to all!

I am wearing the mask and doing the social distancing thing because I am building my parents house and I see them almost every day and they are both in the high risk group and I don't want to be responsible for giving it to them. I'm not overly worried about myself getting it or surviving it being the Adonis of a man that I am. :-D

It might be nice to be exposed to it without getting it so I can take two weeks off work to quarantine.

That's just what I was thinking ribo!  Gotta time it right so I can use sick leave instead of burning my pto for elk season!

No mask for me.  If I'm sick I will stay home.  My .02 you go out touch a cart, door etc. at the store and you are wearing a mask what the first thing most do when they get to the car?  You take your mask off and touch your face.  As was stated before if your not sick chances are your not going to spread anything and mask don't stop you from getting anything.  It just sucks that Tom Hanks doesn't respect me anymore.  ;D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back