arrow alighnment

Codybones

Aug 14, 2013
Is there a kind of rule of thumb for alighning my arrow with the sites when an arrow is locked in and ready to shoot? I think I read somewhere when you look down the shaft that the string should be just to the left of the string but I don't know how closethey should look to the string

the arrow should be square to your bow center of string and riser the site doesnt matter to where the arrow rest only to where it hits. they will be some what aligned but its not a mark to shoot for you want it square to string and bow 

Thanks thats kinda what I was thinking but needed to hear it from someone with experience, I think my string and rest are square with the bow but I need to move my site over because the pins on one side of the site are way out and the other side are way in so I wanted to center the site so the pins are pretty equal, does that make sense.

if one of your pins is on left to right they all should be in the same line  if not some thing is wrong i may mis understand what your saying but all your pins should be exactly the same left to right they should make a strait vertical line

I knew I wouldn't be able to make it very clear, they are lined up vertically its just that the site its self is not centered so I have to extend the pins on one side farther out then the other side and my 60 pin must be a little shorter then the rest because it won't come out far enough to line up with rest, thats what brought this all to my attention, it seems all I would have to do is center the sight again and then adjust my verticals?

if you move the site housing to center it will change you left to right not your up and down. i had a similar problem long ago my site picture i only had half my sight housing in the picture after months of frustration i found out my rest was not square to my string. (/) is what it looked like from the top of my bow not( l ) it wasnt that dramatic but it was defiantly visible to the eye and drastic to the square. you can center it to your arrow as long as your arrow is square. if that doesnt fix it ill need pics lol

I would second what Cowboy said. When the fall away rest came out my son had a problem with the string on his rest slipping. It took us a couple times shooting to notice it slipping. He got it fixed and he had to sight in all over again. Not having your arrow square can cause some problems.

Thats just something to look at.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back