Arrow impact at an angle

MT_mulies

Dec 28, 2012
Hey guys my arrows are hitting my target at an angle. When I pull them out of my target they are angled so that the tip is to the right and the vanes are to the left. I read a bunch of forums about this and everyone has a different idea. One I read was that the target material(foam block) isn't consistent so when it impacts it pulls the front of the arrow one way or another. It makes sense but I just think my bow is out of tune. What are your thoughts? If a retune is recommended this would be the first time I have tuned my bow by myself. Where would you start and what would you do?

I would do a walk back tune first. This is where you aim at the same spot left and right (putting a piece of tape running up and down on the target works good) and shoot from 20 than 30 40 50 60. If your arrows are vearing off to one side the further you go back your rest will need to move. If arrows go left than very slightly move your rest right. Make sure your getting good vane clearance also. After that i broadhead tune. It will really fine tune your rest if you shoot fixed blades. Good luck

Have you tried paper tuning to see if your arrow tears to one side? Hear is a pretty good explain.  https://youtu.be/ur3hZ4wiMFs

MT,
Make sure it's not a form issue before you start moving things around.  I've shot a biscuit for years and have had the same problems.  First, make sure your grip is sound thus no torque.  Second, be sure you are not pressing your face into the bowstring at full draw.  Third, make sure you are not torqueing your release.  It is possible to put torque on the string even when shooting a d-loop.  Let us know when you figure it out.  Good luck.

Not sure if you got this figured out yet or not, but I have one suggestion for you. What type of target are you shooting into? It could be the arrow is changing it's path as soon as it starts penetrating your target. I got really worried about impact angle once and then discovered it was just the target I was shooting. Once I shot into a fresh target everything was great. It's worth a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back