arrow rests

MATT STRAW

Dec 28, 2012
Ok so I'm looking to replace my whisker biscuit, I'm looking at the trophy taker but I've never used a drop away. any thoughts or considerations? I'm a little worried about noise when letting down if a bull is close. Thanks guys

No worries with noise, the trophy taker is a great rest to use. I have had one on for quite tome time now and love it!!! Would never go back to anything else but a drop away!!!

I moved from a wisker to a drop and will never go back. Love the drop aways myself and use the QAD, but yes they can be noisy if they hit the shelf. I have one bow where they just touch the shelf so I had to put silencer on the shelf - then no problem.

I went from a whisker to a drop away and love it.  No noise and it works great.  I use the NAP Apache Dropaway.

I use the QAD HD, no noise on let down cause the rest stays up. The only time it drops is when you shoot or when you manually put it down.

The Hoyt Ultra Rest has been the rest for me. It has the dial on the side allowing you to lock it in shooting position and has anarchy over the top so the arrow does not come off.

I have the Rip-cord red and love it. Any of the high end drop away rest will treat you right.

I have been using the PSE Phantom and it's quiet and works great! I used to use the QADs, but they kept making too much noise. Switched to an AAE Pro Drop and love it, but I don't care for the long wire going to your limb.

I have had a NAP quicktune 200 drop away for a long time, I have a felt pad on the shelf. I have been looking at other rest, but have not reall seen anything that appeals to me. I found a website that is still selling the rest for $40. if I sell my bow with the rest, I will probably put the same or the NAP 40o0 drop away on. I like the simplicity and sturdiness of that rest.

I switched from a whisker biscuit to a drop away on both of my bows and will never go back. They're not nearly as loud as you would think.

go with the Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro...best rest I have ever used!  All metal construction which I like a lot better than the QAD/Fuse/Hoyt rests...

wow! thanks for all the replies. I went with the trophy taker extreme fc pro. so far so good. I shot at the shop to sight it in and for about an hour outside got out to 50 yards not perfectly sighted in yet but I have changed arrows and now my rest, good thing we have 8  months till season opens.

I did just the opposite of all you folks! I changed to the biscuit!

I think drop away rest are great and still have one on my other bow. But, after my first elk hunt, I wanted to be locked and loaded when things happen fast and/or am sneaking thru branches and high grass! I know full containment rests are pre-set or position the arrow for immediate pick up but the arrow still has too much wiggle room for me.

As for which drop away....all the big names are pretty good but make sure you get full containment and one that can't be tripped accidentally!

I must be way old school on the drop away rest, mine is actuated up when I draw and down when I let down or release. The containment is my index finger while I stalk. I have used it for 10 years with no problems. I put some adhesive back fleece on the shelf, and it is quiet.

A little advice though is WB's are cheap so I always have one in camp just in case something happens to anyone's drop away. They are so easy to put on and tune, they are good in an emergency! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back