Arrows at Cabela\'s

Deertick

Mar 2, 2014
I\'m going to Cabela\'s this weekend ... Visa points in hand ... and plan on picking up a dozen arrows.

What brand of Cabela\'s arrows have you used, and either recommend, or recommend against?

Used for pronghorn to elk.

Can\'t help you with cabelas brand. I use gold tips and have for the last 15 years. Currently using the big game 100 250 spines. They are logs! Had great success with the GT pro 7595s with a lighter/slower setup. Tough as nails!

Don\'t forget to look in the bargain cave!

Another vote for the goldtip Xt hunter.
I used the 7595 (340s) and had no issue what so ever. That was with my old bow at 60 lbs
I\'m now shooting XT hunters, but the 300s... they are also logs, but do very well with my 70lb set up.

The Stalker Extremes are Beman arrows. You can compare their specs to the Beman ICS and will find they have the same specs (at least they did the last time I checked). I have never shot them but you won\'t have any problems with them. The first carbon arrow I shot was a Beman ICS.

I\'m guessing you\'re not restricted to Cabela\'s brand arrows so I am going to suggest the Easton Axis or the FMJ\'s.

I like the skinny arrows and don\'t mind the adapters for broadheads:
<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.cabelas.com/product/Easton-Broadhead-Adapter-Rings/745451.uts\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://www.cabelas.com/product/Easton-B ... 745451.uts</a><!-- m -->

I\'m not restricted to a brand, but I\'m a 35-and-under shooter .... I have shot FMJs in the past, but the benefits are likely marginal.

Besides, I need some cheap arrows to shoot at grouse (and lose).

Let me know how that search for \'cheap\' arrows goes for ya :)

Arrows are prob the ONLY item in archery gear that hold their retail value the longest.

JMHO but, all the big name, super straight, super fast, super skinny arrows are great if you are a professional shooter. But if you are a hunter and want to put your arrows in a 4-5 inch circle @20 yards, just about any good reasonably priced arrow will do.

If there are any imperfections in arrow straightness, it will most likely be on the very ends of the shaft. So, when trimming for length, take a little off of each end rather than taking it all at just the point end. I think you will find that you can get by with a good straight arrow at a much cheaper price.

i kinda agree.

i had three bows in my past..including the one i\'m on.
each bow had different arrows. at this point, i can grab any leftover arrow and plunk it into the target with fair consistency. when i buy, i buy awesome arrows just to eliminate..no minimize \"crap happening\" but honestly, deep down inside..i know i am over thinking it.

No expert on arrows at all but my son talks to all kinds of folks who have worked for various arrow companies at ASA tournaments. He gets arrows at a big discount from an arrow company because he\'s on some level of their staff. He has told me that many of the arrows (regardless of company) are basically the same shaft with different graphics and obviously prices! For the most part you can spend a lot less and do as others and trim the ends and get the same straightness as the high dollar shafts. Unless you are going to shoot tournaments and do like my son and make each arrow weigh exactly the same with point, fletching, nock... an arrow is pretty much an arrow. I do prefer Goldtip though, by most accounts they seem to be the toughest followed by Black Eagle. Just my experience.

\"cnelk\" said:
Let me know how that search for \'cheap\' arrows goes for ya :)

Arrows are prob the ONLY item in archery gear that hold their retail value the longest.

They don\'t hold their value around my house ... too many rocks!

Three votes for Gold Tips.

My buddy shoots them and loves them. He goes all sorts of OCD on them and floats them in the tub, marks their spine, fletches per spine, heck, I swear if he could weight the amount of glue on the fletching he would. Anyway, Gold tips seem to be a winner on this thread!

I got a $100 gift card for Cabela\'s for coaching a girls lacrosse team this spring. I was debating several things and Gold Tips are on the list of possibilities. We\'ll see...

i\'ve been shooting forever.

all i have EVER shot are gold tips. i have one of their first shafts before they even had a logo on them.

i shoot the Velocity XT 300\'s

my first real bow.
mathews switchback XT. i still remember the arrows.

5575 goldtip XT hunters. just plain jane with some generic 4\" vane.

deer hunting in CA, we got bored mid day. along comes this giant covey of mountain quail. we scramble and pass around a fist full of judo tips. i had two. so i was running and shooting two arrows repeatedly into rocks and dirt. we had arrows exploding everywhere. Bemans, Eastons..and my goldtips. i broke zero shafts. i would pick it up, flex it, load it and keep shooting. i never got a quail, but my arrows survived the shenanigans.

my buds had to stop or they wouldnt have deer arrows left. i was gold tip for life on that day.

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
my first real bow.
mathews switchback XT. i still remember the arrows.

5575 goldtip XT hunters. just plain jane with some generic 4\" vane.

deer hunting in CA, we got bored mid day. along comes this giant covey of mountain quail. we scramble and pass around a fist full of judo tips. i had two. so i was running and shooting two arrows repeatedly into rocks and dirt. we had arrows exploding everywhere. Bemans, Eastons..and my goldtips. i broke zero shafts. i would pick it up, flex it, load it and keep shooting. i never got a quail, but my arrows survived the shenanigans.

my buds had to stop or they wouldnt have deer arrows left. i was gold tip for life on that day.

That pretty much sums up why I use them. Not all arrows are created equally. I will say, those pictures of carbon shafts through people\'s hands scary me. If you skip it off the ground or a rock give it a good flex!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back