Arrows

Oldcarp

Dec 29, 2012
I know this is some what of a loaded question. Due to some family health issues money is tight this year. I am trying to find the best arrows for the money. I have looked at the Cabelas extreme stalkers. They look good but I was wondering if anybody here has used them and could give me there thoughts on them.

I have no knowledge of those particular arrows.  However, whatever arrows you decide on, I recommend you look on ebay for a deal on those arrows.  I have saved quite a bit by buying from a reputable dealer on ebay.  Some dealers will even cut to length and fletch your arrows for you before mailing.  Just an option.  Sorry to hear about your family health issues, I hope things get better. 

Elkfever4 thank you. I never thought of ebay. I might have to get one of my kids to help me out with ebay

Camofire has had some good Easton shafts on there lately for great prices. They are last years models, but the axis and fmj's are both great arrows that have been on recently. I highly recommend either of them.

I am new to the carbon arrows and looking around as well. I have heard good things about the Easton FMJ's. That is what I am going to be trying. It's getting hard finding aluminum arrows to shoot.

This year Easton came out with an fmj version and an alloy/carbon version of its Injexion model. Right now I am using the all carbon injexions and love them. They are smaller diameter than the axis and axis fmj, but have a thicker wall. If you want to spend a little more the Injexion line is great, but the axis line is really good too. I dont think you can go wrong with Easton. I switched to another brand for one season and will never do it again.

I shoot FMJ 340's, the speed loss does not have that significant of an effect.  My z7 has pin gaps as close as a buddies bowtech and I'm shooting heavier arrows.  Granted I shoot 70lbs with a 29" draw so that helps a little.  I've shot many arrows and have never seen/heard down range impact comparable.  The bull that I took this year learned that the hard way. They still shoot pretty flat at 100 yrds.  As for durability, three years and no problems minus arrow to arrow contact 8).  I wont shoot another arrow as long as Easton keeps these rollin off the production line.

there are a lot of good choices out there i just switched to Black Eagle arrows last year from Beaman ics hunters and found they shoot identicalonly Black Eagle is about 80 dollars cheaper. I liked them so much Im on there field staff now Im sure they can help you out at an affordable price. which is why i switched myself to begin with.

Oldcarp said:
Im a wimp. My draw length is 28" and bow is at 60lb's.

thats plenty of weight man don't sweat it i only shoot 64 lbs i could pull more but my bow shoots best at that weight for some reason and its sure easier to pull that than 70 on a cold ass mornin

I found a deal on some PileDriver hunter arrows. The reviews looked good so I hope they shoot well

Also I have read a lot about the benefits of shooting heavier arrows, it actually allows your bow to shoot quieter due to the energy absorption by the arrow vice energy transfer to the riser/limbs. I also enjoy the lack of hand shock.

Thanks SPOTnSTALK, I have been doing it for a while and get lucky here and there.

Also I have read a lot about the benefits of shooting heavier arrows, it actually allows your bow to shoot quieter due to the energy absorption by the arrow vice energy transfer to the riser/limbs. I also enjoy the lack of hand shock.

Northwesthunter84, I will let you know how they do. They are a heavier arrow.

I finally shot the piledrivers. They shot well. I only shot out to 40 yards. My son is sending me some arrows to try. They are the ST EPIC in a 340 vane. As soon as I get them I will post on how they do.

Oldcarp check out camofire.com they have arrows on there for 30-60% off. help not break the bank and they sell by the dozens. my buddy got a dozen good arrows for 44$

good luck

gsoap64 said:
Oldcarp check out camofire.com they have arrows on there for 30-60% off. help not break the bank and they sell by the dozens. my buddy got a dozen good arrows for 44$

good luck

love that site they have saved me 300$ this year already

you cannot beat camofire my wife hates to see that come up on our CC statement. Take a look at some of the Goldtip lines of arrows. I have shot GT for about 10 years and love, love, love them. I will not shoot anything else.

Thanks you guys for pointing me towards Camo Fire. My son got those ST Epics of there for $40 a dozen. They shoot really well. I bought a dozen. They shoot well. Im really pleased with them.

Has any tried the Easton axis n-fused? I'm looking at getting those in the 340 spine can the camo for more gpi. Let me know what ya'll think and if any one has some they want to get rid of send me a message.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back