AZ Area 1 tips

macrulz

Apr 8, 2017
After getting skunked in the draw for years, I have finally draw some great tags.  I was wondering if anyone has hunted Early Bow Area 1 in AZ?  Any advice?  I live in NC and scouting will be a problem.  I've only hunted OTC CO unit 81 in the past without success.  I'm excited, but nervous about my prior experiences:  very few elk, non-responsive bulls, etc.  I've ordered maps and have started researching GoogleEarth.  A member of my hunting party is going for personal scouting this summer.  Other than practicing the bow and calling with lots of exercise, is there anything else I can do to prepare for that particular unit?

I would listen very closely to everything Randy Newberg has to say about late season elk hunting in Arizona. Corey J has hunted unit 1 in the past during archery and that terrain is going to be very different for late season hunting than many of the AZ units. There are some big bulls in there, so when you find where they are hiding, you should be able to find a good one.
- Great tag to have in your pocket.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back