Back Tension Releases

razorback

Mar 11, 2014
Anybody shoot or hunt with a back tension release. I tried one the other day and it seemed like it had the potential to improve my shooting. My son who is a very good archer swears by them. Anybody tried hunting with one or have any thoughts on it?

I use my regular wrist release and pull the trigger with back tension. It might be the single best thing that improved my shooting.

Come to full draw. Lock your finger rigid on the trigger. Aim. Now pull back more. As you pull back the release \"stretches\" out more and pushes the trigger into your rigid finger causing the bow to fire. It really works for me. Something about how our brains can only really do one task at time. Aiming and pulling trigger is apparently too much for my feeble brain. :)

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Ordered a Stan Jet Black today. I\'m going to do my best to learn to shoot a BT release and become a better archer. It will give me something to work on while since my back is jacked up and I\'m not working out. Hope I don\'t punch myself in the face! I\'ve read some bad things about people learning to shoot hinges. Hopefully it pays off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back