Backpacking Stoves

I use a jet boil. Super un exciting. But I just boil water. If I cooked, I\'d get some omni-fuel.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

That\'s about all I plan to do with it. Make mountain house type meals. Looked at a Primus at WalMart. Looked at a Soto Amicus online. I really can\'t tell the difference between a $20 and $100. I don\'t want to find out on a mountain, figured somebody here had used one. Listened to Aaron Snyder review some but he\'s not buying his.

I use the MSR Pocket Rocket. I have had no problems with it burning at higher altitudes. I have seen the Walmart one and it looks similar. I have seen some on Camofire that looks similar too along with a cookware set.

I\'ve made a bunch of the aluminum beer bottle alcohol stoves. Every one of them worked just fine. But I prefer the Trangia because I can control the burn and save fuel.

Jet Boil is a good stove. But there just ain\'t no way I\'m going to spend $100 + to boil water.

Without putting much research into I don\'t see a lot of difference backpacking stoves. Seems like a Primus stove for $20 should do everything I would need. Now anything special you guys use to boil water or cook in i.e. pot or pan. I don\'t think I need any high speed titanium. Figure something from Walmart will fit the bill, am I wrong?

\"razorback\" said:
Without putting much research into I don\'t see a lot of difference backpacking stoves. Seems like a Primus stove for $20 should do everything I would need. Now anything special you guys use to boil water or cook in i.e. pot or pan. I don\'t think I need any high speed titanium. Figure something from Walmart will fit the bill, am I wrong?

Steven...I am sure the Primus will work fine.

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
$100 to boil water fast?

How much alcohol do you have to carry for a 10 day trip?

After pounding the crap out of my body all Day...I am very thankful that I can boil water in 90 seconds!

One small canister gets me through a ten day hunt (Jetboil).

Nothing fancy but boils water under 3 minutes and cost $30 for stove and two pots.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
That will work Steven. Now to find some freeze dried meals that taste better than dog vomit. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back