Badlands Back Packs

crew25

Jun 24, 2013
I am in the market for a new pack this year. I really have been looking at the Bandland packs.
I normally hunt (elk/mulies) with in a couple miles form my truck, so I am not looking for something to live out of for a couple days. I am just not sure on what size to get.
What model pack do you use?
This will be my first higher end pack and hopefully my last.

Badlands Sacrifice...

Light weight, strong, can pack out a hind quarter +, can be compressed to a much smaller size during the hunt with space for whatever you carry.  Great warranty, good pocket arrangement.

I've had several packs from eberlestock, tactical tailor, kelty, north face and all were excellent.  However, they've all been sold or traded in favor of the sacrifice.  I'm two seasons into using it and can't say enough great things about it!

I'm usually within a couple hours of my truck and this year hauled out a spike hind quarter with room to spare and two front quarters draped over the pack and my shoulders.  Chest strap broke, Badlands fixed it no questions asked.

If I were to be doing the self-supported thing I'd look elsewhere probably.  The thing I really like about this pack is that it's so light and you can compress it down to a much smaller size and it also breathes so well.  Given that your distance from a rig is similar to mine, it's my belief that we sort of straddle that grey area where too much gear or too little becomes tremendously obvious in short order in the event you find yourself exhausted from carrying too much or there's some sort of emergency and you can't readily make it to your rig.  Example, a punctured water bladder is bad news in late August/early September; a pack like the Sacrifice easily accomodates a filter water bottle without taking up precious cargo space (not) found in smaller packs.  I generally carry my knives/sharpener, first aid kit, para cord, game bags, head lamp, range finder, toilet paper, water, snacks and other small items and end up hunting with pack that has a very small signature.  And, it securely holds my bow/rifle when I'm biking in or on that first trip out with meat!

Does the pack have a water bladder installed? I am also going to be looking into a new pack for next year.

The Sacrifice is one that I am looking at. And it does sound like we both haul about the same amount of gear into the field. THanks for the info.

Check out the Eberlestock X2 a daypack that can handle a Load or an overnight. also Tenzing has some sweet packs check out the Elk101 store

I ended up getting a Badlands Clutch. I couldn't pass up the deal I got (military discount). Cant wait till at least shed hunting this spring to try it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back