Baking Soda

frankh_541

Aug 9, 2013
Has anyone ever used baking soad as a form of washing your hunting clothes? I currently use the scent-away soap, a buddy of mine "claims" it works but he is the only one that has told me about it...

Years ago I used to wash in baking soda. I have since switched to a hunting specific clothes wash.
Reportedly,  the baking soda absorbs and neutralized the odors. I found if the clothes were dirty it really didn't clean them, but for refreshing them it would be OK
I have a big tupperware container I keep my hunting clothes in and sometimes sprinkle baking soda in.
I cant detect any difference.

I have been using baking as my detergent for hunting clothes for many yrs and have no reason to change. It seems to do fine for me.

I use both Baking soda and also scent free hunting laundry soap.  I've found the soap doesn't get the bloody odor out good enough by itself but with baking soda it does.

ElkManDan said:
I use both Baking soda and also scent free hunting laundry soap.  I've found the soap doesn't get the bloody odor out good enough by itself but with baking soda it does.
Do you use the baking soda on one wash then soap on the next or visa versa?

Baking soda. I use it and it works well. But, I also lightly sprinkle some on-top-of my cloths as I pack them into a sealed container like Jimbow65 does.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back