Bark River Knives

Mountain Bowhunter

Jan 2, 2013
I have a buddy in the military that swears by them.  Anybody use them?  What are your opinions and are they worth the extra money?  They look like they are very well built and would be a good long term investment.

Never saw them, I looked at their website, they look like a well built knife. that is not too heavy.  I prefer a fixed blade, and an American made product is a really good thing. There is a Pennsylvania base cutlery company Case xx that produces some nice American made knives that I have been very satisfied with.
Bark river looks like a small company producing quality knives.

I just checked them out as well.  I thought just purchasing one and testing it out.  Hopefully it turns out to be a great knife.

My buddy swears by them.  They look really well built and have a lot of great reviews.  I like how you can customize them with many choices of handle material and also you can get a ferro rod that matches the handle material of your knife.  Comes with a nice leather sheath that holds both too.

I think the part I'm drooling over the most is that they make firesteels with all the same handle materials as the knives.  So you can have a matching knife and firesteel set.  I think this would be great knife to have for a long time and one day pass down to my son as a sentimental item.

Here is a photo of a matching firesteel
revised10of15.jpg

I might as well buy one of these, it seems I have one of every kind. A person can never have too many knives.

I finally bought one the other day.  The Bark River Aurora in Desert Ironwood with white liners.  Should get here today.  I'll post pics when I get it.

Cutco.com guys!!! These are the best hunting knives I have ever used especially the ones with the DD edge on them. They don't come with a sharpener because you won't need it, these things stay sharp for a long time. Lifetime warranty on them as long as you don't use it as a tool and lifetime free sharpening if needed....

Little known but fantastic!!!

Fullabull said:
Cutco.com guys!!! These are the best hunting knives I have ever used especially the ones with the DD edge on them. They don't come with a sharpener because you won't need it, these things stay sharp for a long time. Lifetime warranty on them as long as you don't use it as a tool and lifetime free sharpening if needed....

Little known but fantastic!!!

I use cutco in the kitchen.  They are great knives but I got this knife for bushcraft so it will be used for wood and fire starting.  Cutco would not stand up to that kind of work.  Bark River are made from A2 tool steel and they now offer CPM 3V steel which is even tougher.  I'll leave my cutco in the kitchen

Agree, it your using it as a tool as well go with something like you have but for just game care use I haven't found a better knife yet then the Cutco hunting knives.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back