Base layer

Ice Breakers. We did some work for their company a couple years in a row and  they outfitted a bunch of our staff. We use it on whitewater rafting trips in the winter and it is amazing. A little spendy, but amazing.

I use underarmour as a base layer and it keeps me pretty warm.  I use it under my uniform when im patrolling at night in -20 degree weather and i dont have a problem staying warm.

I like UA stuff, it works pretty well and is light so if I get hot I just take layers off. You can always put them back on if it cools off again on you. The whole trick is knowing when to take layers off before you get soaked from sweat!

I got a new set of Under armour fro Christmas and it's done a nice job of keeping me warm

I have had set of poly from rei for about 4 years, it has worked great. my only complaint is on extended trips it starts  stinking. Im looking to get some merino for this year, I'm thinking first lite or kuiu.

First lite is by far the best merino wool base layer out there. It's super soft, warm, anti-odor, and durable. It's a little pricey but you can find deals every now and again.

EatElk said:
First lite is by far the best merino wool base layer out there. It's super soft, warm, anti-odor, and durable. It's a little pricey but you can find deals every now and again.

good to hear.  I think I am going first lite everything and then get a kuiu or sitka rain shell

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back