best early season lightweight boot?

I wear the Danner Jackals all year around and LOVE them. That being said, I am looking at the UA Speed Freaks.

I have had good success with most every lightweight hiking shoe/boot out there. It seems Merrel's always had a quick break in time for me.

ghost said:
I wear the Danner Jackals all year around and LOVE them. That being said, I am looking at the UA Speed Freaks.

I was looking at the speed freaks and the jackels. Have you had a chance to compare the two?

wow I like the looks of those browtines!! let me know when you get a chance to try 'em and I will try and do the same.

I have heard many people wear their kenetrek mountian extreme 400s all season, so that's probly what I'll be doing.  They also have non insulated mountain extremes

baskarcher said:
wow I like the looks of those browtines!! let me know when you get a chance to try 'em and I will try and do the same.

Will do fo sure.

Kglacken said:
I want to try those browtine boots from UA !

They look promising, but you know how that can be. You'll never know until you try them on and take them for a spin.

Was going to start a thread like this so I am glad to see it going! I have a pair of Irish setter 1800 and only use those for ice fishing as well as my late season white tail hunts in North Dakota wear the weather gets down to, well lets just say it can be miserable. My other Irish setters are wron down to nothing and I am in need of a new pair for hikking. I will let you guys know what I end up with and give the report. Good info so far guys.

I use the Danner pronghorn boots and have found you need to order one size larger than your foot to allow socks to fit correctly.

Use Dannet Blade Gtx. Similiar to the Jackals. But really like my Salomon trail running shoes. They do get rocks in them but are easy to take off and on to dump them out.

I also like the Danner Pronghorn uninsulated, but I have developed hot spots in really hot weather. I carried a second pair of socks to switch out at noon. If it is hot a high top boot is just too hot for me. I purchased the Merrell Moab that is much better in really hot weather. They are almost to hot for me, but better that a high boot.

Last year I bought a pair of Soloman Quest hikers.  They are amazing! I liked them so much in fact I am going to buy two more pair to stock up before they go and make any changes!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back