best elk hunting videos..

huntnmuleys

Jan 28, 2013
So what is all of your fave elk vids? For years I've been screaming primos, but the Born and Raised blow em all away as far as I'm concerned. How about you?

B&R sure do make some great videos. I can relate to them well being from Washington state and chasing the same species of elk

I sure do like the B&R shows, but also love watching the Primos ones too.  It;s all about the total experience and not just the killin'. 

Being a Roosevelt hunter it is hard to go wrong with the B&R videos as well as Angry Spike. I love that they both show hunts and not just strictly kills. Great videos from great groups of guys. I enjoy the Steve Chappell videos as well as Primos also.

A lot of the videos now, I just like to watch the elk and listen to them respond to calling so I know what to look and listen for when I'm hunting. It has helped me in my hunts. When I first started watching them all I was doing was watching them harvest elk, then once I started to get more into elk hunting I realized, hey, there is something to how they are responding, different sounds seem to mean different things. That's when I started hearing the difference between a, Hey why don't you come over hear bugle, a get over here now bugle, a challenge bugle, a gather my cows and get the heck out of here bugle and lot of other sounds :)

I like primos but get tired of seeing guys hunt private ranches I would have no chance of ever hunting and bulls comming in to CRAPY calling. They are nicely done though. Here is a local friend of mine that gets some awesome footage every year while scouting and guiding elk in The White Mountains of AZ.
http://www.youtube.com/user/azbowpro
Let me know what ya think!!

I watch the Primos and Born & Raised.  In my opinion Born & Raised has raised the bar in the elk hunting video world.  Can't wait for the new one!  Primos has pissed me off on some of the latest videos.  I swear they won't recover an animal at night cause it doesn't make for good footage.  Elk (imo) can't be left over night during bow season, it is just to warm.  I guess that's a vote for Born & Raised!

B&R vids are awesome.  I also like to watch youtube videos or webisodes with normal guys out there trying to get it done on public land.  last thing I want to see is guys hunting elk that have never seen hunting pressure, as it can give you false expectations of how a public land hunt will go and reduce your drive for perfection.

The older Primos videos were good, but for about the the 5 years they are just a waist of money IMHO.

Kevin

I need to look at the B&R vids. I have a few of the Primos Truth vids and really enjoy them. There's one that they get into a herd of bugling elk and it sounds like something from the stone age, like dinasours screaming. At least thats what I think of, it is simply awesome to hear. I would love to find a hughe herd screaming and bugling like that.
It seems that many TV and DVD folks are leaving game overnight, saying they are "Not Sure if they got a good hit" so they will return in the morning to recover their game. I'll bet they have to stick a knife in the guts to deflate them from stomach gas before continuing the recording. Lots of time they will reveal that they found the animal within 50-100 yards of where it was shot...Hmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back