Best one liner?

farmboy

Dec 29, 2012
I don't know about everyone else, but my hunting partner and I have put a lot of scouting work into our hunting area so we are quite tight lipped when it comes to giving out info of any sort.  When we run into other hunters we generally play dumb and avoid conversations. I don't want to lie to others but I don't want to part with valuable hard earned info either.  This past season we went to town to get ice before packing out a bull.  A guy stopped me and wanted to chat.  "You huntin round here close?  Have u seen any animals?"  He asked.  I'm very careful not to ask other hunters direct questions like that.  My response..."we'll it's pretty hot outside". I didn't exactly answer the question and we exited before he saw the bloodstains on my pants.  We chuckled about that for a while.  How does everyone else respond to direct questions you don't want to answer?

Well I used to do as you do and after gutting an elk one time I was careful not to get blood on me and had a guy ask me if I have seen any think.Nojust a couple deer.its been slow out there I said.then I saw myself in the mirror of his truck and had blood all over my face.The guy never said a word.Now I have learned the people who are asking generally dont know because they dont get out of their truck.those that put in the miles already know where the elk are.I usually still dont tell of the big ones.just say nothing worth shooting.

I just tell them, "at the upper end of Sumuder Basin on the back side of Notelum Ridge".  Usually takes a moment, but they get the idea.

Saw a whole herd cross the road (just name a road). That ought to keep them out of the woods!

I hunt on Mt Saint Helens, last year when we went to town my antlers were in the back of my truck which is covered with a canopy but people still saw them and asked where we hunted. I just said on the mountain, I thought that was close enough ;)

It is too hot and too early in the season, they just arent around nor talking, better come back later ;)  There are no apologies needed when not sharing hard earned information.

Yep, saw a mess of 'em up on Nunya Creek.  Nunya d#*m business!  I don't feel bad not sharing info that I get with lots of hard work.  8)

Wolves, BIG HUNGRY WOLVES! EVERYWHERE!!!!! ::)  Lol! Most times its true, but we can usually get away from the wolves and people if we try hard enough. But I dont ever spill that secret............ 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back