Big Nasty broadheads

sumnerhorses

Dec 29, 2012
Anyone shot the NAP Big Nasty broadheads at an animal yet? I am looking into them for my injexions this season and would like to hear some reviews. I have shot shuttle t's and slick tricks in the past with success, but these new big nasty's look pretty cool.

Mainly because this is the first year with the injexions and these broadheads just came out last year. I like the fact that they are cut on contact with twice the length as a Montecs. Slick tricks are nice, but I liked the shuttle t's better. I may just buy some big nasty and see how they fly. I just would like to see or hear experiences with these br oadheads on elk.

i struck out this last season unfortunately so i cant help sorry i can under stand leaving the monechs i was not happy with the blood trail on those at all

coloradohunter123 said:
Need some new broadheads wonderjng what you guys have found that works well?

depends on were you hunt if you can use expandables i like the blod trail on the rage or ravens fixed im loving the toxic  i love a fat blood trail a blind man could fallow and they will produce that

fixed blade single bevel broadhead. I shoot the 315gr. Ashby Broadhead, cant wait to get a shot hopefully this year on a cow. They make other models and grains but I went with an extreme FOC with my set up. Good Luck

SPOTnSTALK said:
The only broadheads that would pull me off my Slick Tricks would be the Solid. I am dialed in with the 100 slick trick standards pushed by the Easton 9.5 GPI 340 Axis arrow. Thus far all is well. I have given thought to making some changes to my current 70/29 setup and going to 80/29 with Injexions and Solid BHs. Not there just yet...$$$. Good Luck! :)

I'm shooting this exact setup as well and it is excellent. 100 grain Slick Trick Standards in front of an Easton Axis 340 spine. Great penetration, good flight characteristics, an overall fantastic elk head. I also use the G5 Montec CS, another deep penetrator with excellent flight patterning. For me, accuracy and penetration are the most important factors in considering which broadhead I shoot. I don't even mess with expandables at all for elk when there are tougher fixed heads that fly justas well.

Let us know.  These look interesting. The only thing that would also hold me back is that I would have to have that extra inch on the arrow.

I'm guessing you are referring to what looks like the old razor caps!  If so it was my go to broad head before NAP quit making them.  square arrow cuts are crucial with these, more so than usaual. 

Well I tried out the blackheads today. It was really windy, but they grouped very well in the wind and were hitting right on with my field tips. 40 yards and cutting fetched is enough to make me happy, if it didn't irritate me so bad having to replace fletches.

Attachments

• tmp_20140329_173823-374606428.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 2
  • tmp_20140329_174338-2055362419.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back