Big thanks

Montana_BackCountry

Jan 9, 2013
I was just thinking about this topic while gathering up my gear to head back out this weekend and try to bag a bull for my dad.  I just wanted to extend gratitude to the Elk 101 crew, along with all of the people on this forum for creating a site where people can get together and support on another to become more efficient elk hunters. 

Last year in January I was about 215 lbs and getting rapidly out of shape when I joined this forum and through participation in this group and commitment to being prepared, I have cut down to a pretty mean 180-185lbs and gotten back into good healthy shape so that I could pursue the wild wapati.  I was also fortunate to bag a good bull this year for the first time in many attempts, and am now fortunate enough to share the spoils with family and friends.  Due to the hard work put in this off-season I also found the packing job which consisted of a 10+ mile day with heavy meat packed out a fun challenge and welcome venture.  I could not imagine life without elk hunts and the companions who share my interest.  (Including my wife who puts up with me, and cares so well for our two little boys ages 4 and 1 years while i roam in the forest)

So in summary I suppose I wanted to acknowledge my thanks for this group and the inspiration and passion elk hunting has brought to my life.  I am excited to hit the woods again and cannot wait to see where the week takes me.  Good luck to you all as the season climaxes.

Great Comment & POST!  I agree, it is great to share and Learn from others experiences and expertices.   

Nothing Like Hunting ELK in the RUT. 

Thanks guys, and congrats M_B! That's why we created the Forums.....motivation, encouragement, education, celebration...all important aspects of elk hunting, and there's no one more exciting to share it with than others who share the same passion!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back