bino harness with case

I\'ve tried them, and I see why some people like them, but I think they are awkward. If you layer your clothes, you have to put them on the outside, then if you want to take your jacket off, you now have a new step.

For my style of hunting, they\'re just not that much of an improvement on a neck strap. If you are crawling or climbing, they could be useful to protect your optics.

Then there\'s the bulk sitting there on your chest. Not a huge deal, but I just find them bulky.

I wear one. I use an S4 gear but it\'s not the best. I recommend a KUIU or Alaskan Guide Creations. I\'ll probably order the latter for my hunts next year.

I have the Kuiu. I like it a lot if I\'m not changing a bunch of layers all the time.

Here\'s a picture of me with them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c17fd18cec034d27d246ebe63aa09e36.jpg

i have the FHF one.

its very good. my binos stay super clean which is my main goal. it is super comfy no matter what clothing i am wearing. pack on, pack off..it is awesome.

the cons? it is a tad loud. i got busted by a mulie at 70 yards when it heard my glass sliding back into the case. on a stalk, it is a bit annoying to slip it back into the case. sometimes it\'s best to just drop the binos and get on with the bow or rifle work.

the KUIU is quieter. mine is so comfy, i have worn it jogging. the tiny pockets are useless for the most part. i hid a squeeze toy thing in a pocket and it is the BEST quick close up varmit call. you dont know how many yotes i have stopped. (havent arrowed one yet)..i called in a bobcat once.

these are the things I want to know before heading out with them. I would rather learn now than in the field and mess up an opportunity. :upthumb: I ended up ordering the badlands mag bag harness. it seemed pretty slick from the vids I watched about it!

bino case came today! tried it out with the pack on and did some shooting. I am going to like it! no more dangling binos while still hunting. and it has a clip on the bottom so you can hook your bow on there while glassing, worked pretty slick! plenty of little pockets that I am expecting to keep my mouth reeds in.

I\'ve never used the higher end products mmentioned above but I\'ve had an S4 Gear for about 4 years now & wouldn\'t go hunting without it!!

The only reason I use one is to protect my binos. My wife was pretty clear my Bino shopping days are over.

Now that the new Bino smell is gone, I might go to a quality open harness.

And buy a great lens duster.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

I used an FHF, tried it for 1 year.
It felt like I was wearing a suitcase on my chest.
Went back to the Croocked Horn harness.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back