Binocular Harness

Jimbow65

Dec 28, 2012
What type of binocular harness do you use?
What do you like about it, what are your gripes about it?

I am tinkering with a new harness, and looking for ideas.

Thanks Jim

I wish I could help but all I have is a harness I traded a hunting partner for. He had an extra harness in his truck (old one) and I had extra MT House meals. The deal was made haha. Both laughedabout it and would of just given either way. I want to say it is a generic scheels brand. Maybe 20$ and it gets the job done.

Howdy. Here you go:
http://www.s4gear.com/pages/products/lockdown.php  OR
http://www.s4gear.com/pages/products/lockdownx.php

They are the only way to hunt and carry one's binos!!!  I love mine.

The S4 harness looks like it protects the optics very well, but looks a little too complicated to me, and possible interference issues when shooting a bow. I would prefer one handed binocular operation without a flap or pouch to fumble with.

I have 3 styles one is called Bino Hide, it only covers the eyepiece lens and body, works good simple operation, but the bottom lenses are exposed. The other is a Cabelas brand and covers the top and bottom lenses and body, the fabric is thin and durable, it works good and not to bulky. But it is not waterproof. The third is Kuiu and I modified it as soon as I got it last August. What I did was remove the hard plastic and finger loop from the top lens cover. It is less awkward and functions better this way, one thing I noticed alot was you tend to get alot of debris in the bottom of the holder. Also comes with a waterproof cover which reminds me of a shower cap. HaHa, the Kuiu is a great setup!

I have been using Crooked Horn bino harrness for many years. Paid $20. Have a showercap style cover from Cabellas,fits the 8x30's and 10x50's. I almost always wear a berber vest that I tuck the binos in to quite and stop any bouncing. A button undone on warmer weather hunting shirt solves bounce too. Tuck it in and it's a one hand grab.

Another crooked horn user here. I don't have anything bad to say about it. It's simple and it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back