Blue widow eberlestock

I have the pack. The pack is great. It can be used as a day pack and then be expanded for more room. Then you can add the spike duffel for even more room. The only down side to this pack is the weight and compartmentalization. Those are the only 2 thing i don't like about this pack.
If you are shopping used i'm going to be selling my pack with the rain fly and spike duffel.  I'm looking for a lite-weight pack.

Bubba

Great pack but weight can be an issue so you have to offset the pack weight by having light gear in it. I LOVE the smaller waist pack that comes with it and use it about half the time instead of the collapsed pack if hunting from a base camp.

i have this pack and am quite happy with it. I hauled out an elk and a deer with my pack this year and was never inhibited by the packs fit or hauling capacity. my pack was covered in blood from pack outs and it cleaned up well with some clorox wipes and water. the gun scabbard area for storing your rifle is very nice and you do not feel the rifle against your back. i carry a full emergency supply in my pack when i hike and hunt and did not feel like the weight is too much of an issue. definitely worth the investment.

I had one, but have since sold it.
Pro's; Built tough so will last a longtime, no stitching tears with 120lbs in it, plenty of organization, and a great warranty.
Con's; heavy for size, unless you have a shorter torso it will not fit correctly, and the expansion panels cause the weight to stick out a long ways which makes your load uncomfortable.

Love mine, a little heavy for a day pack but has plenty of other upsides. Lots of attachments. Easy to stay organized. I have a very long torso and it fits me great. Much better than a badlands 2200. The folks at Eberlestock were great in helping me fit it to my back.

I've had a few Eberlestocks including the Blue Widow.  I also have an X2 which is an awesome day pack...
They are super strong and comfortable with a heavy load...so long as you get the load higher in the suspension, but you'll figure that out.  They are a bit heavy as a daypack, and the tubes are deep and can be a pain if you don't pack with consideration of what you need most...
The only other thing is that the backpack is pretty hot on your back when you're moving miles in early season.  This is not a "cool" wearing backpack.  It is designed to haul, and it does.
The other thing to say is that Glen Eberlestock will back his product.  If you have a problem of any kind, expect a positive response from the folks over there.

I really like mine works perfect. Day hunts, hauling  spike camp with five days of food or two elk quarters this pack will do it in comfort. It has the fanny pack for them short hunts close to camp. For the money I think this is one of the top in it's class don't compare a 300.00 pack to a 600.00 dollar pack when it comes to weight. Some people just forget that it's a backpack not a jet pack you have to carry it.

Really checked this pack out at the RMEF in Vegas. I really like the design. Thinking about replacing my Badlands 2800. I have 4 seasons on my Badlands and is showing some wear. It is a little heavier than I want, but seems to be made well.

Really like mine, a little heavy for a day pack, but other features make up for it plenty. I haul everything into camp and break it down for hunting. No need to pack in a day pack. Eberlestock is a good company willing to help you out. I have a long torso and it adjusted well to my back. I went and looked at the Mystery ranch in Las Vegas, just because I see a lot of people write about it, and think the Eberlestocks are of a better construction. Had a Badlands 2200 before that and did not care for it at all.

I bought one and like it. I've put weight in it and it seems comfy. The only thing I don't really like is the bladder sleeve location. I can't have the center zipper zipped with my bladder. Not a big deal though. I'm thinking of putting my bladder in the center scabbard spot. I'm happy with it. Thanks for the feed back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back