Bob Marshall Wilderness

turbo1967

Jan 4, 2013
Looking for any recommendations on maps of the Bob,Google earth is great but it has no landmarks that are in common with the Fwp map making it hard to figure out hunting districts and boundries for the sun river game preserve and sun river managment area, also would like one that has major trails on it.any ideas would be great thanks.

Jason Phelps took a nice bull out of there last year. He may know a few places that you could go. You can find him on the Phelps game calls website or on facebook.

if i remember correctly Ridgerunner123 thats on here is a guide for the BOB.  you may send him a PM and see if he could tell you some good maps for the area.

Go to your local Forest Service office, either Lolo or Flathead National Forest. They should have the Bob Marshall Complex map (Great Bear and Scapegoat wilderness includes). You can also order online from the National Forest Service store. The map will show you everything you'll need for locating area to hunt (except for FWP hunting districts). It has trailheads, road, contours, landmarks, etc. Map is also water resistance, so it can come in handy in a rain storm up there...fyi, it's a very large map!

thanks guys I did try my local fwp in helena and they didnt even know that a good part of the bob was even in thier district, the map I got from my local forest service had that part left off.I will jump on line and see if I can pull it from one of the other offices.  :)  Im trying not to intrude in someone elses honey hole just looking at sneaking in between with out ending up in a no hunting area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back