books for hunting?

Garrett Weaver

Dec 28, 2012
Does anyone else read success books for hunting like "The slight edge?" I have read about 16 books and the principles just spill over into my hunting all the time. Especially for staying positive after a blown shot or bad weather or whatever the hunt throws at you.

I read hunting books.  I've found that as I gain on-the-ground experience, many of these books seem new again.  You start to figure out what they're talking about more and more as the years go by.  My husband has amazing hunter instinct, earned through decades of hunting, but that doesn't stop me from making suggestions from my vast book-learned hunting prowess!  And guess what?  Sometimes it pays off  ;D

Elknuts playbook, has a lot of good real life scenarios and how to react to them as well as discussions on elk sounds, scouting and preparation work. It's good to read from someone who is hunting over the counter and not with guides like most of us have to do.

I second Elknuts playbook. That's a great one that gets better as I learn more and have more encounters.

Eastmans comes out with some great books whether its for Elk hunting or Mule deer hunting. Both are great reads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back