boots after your achilles surgery and rehab

tkruk

Dec 28, 2012
I completely tore my achilles tendon and had surgery in july. Just wondering what type of boots you wear after you have ruptured your achilles.I'm not talking about right after you can walk again but after rehab and are back to normal. I've always worn hiking boots and was wondering if I should change to a taller boot to give me more support or would the taller boot irritate the tendon? Also what type of boot would be best for the complete support of the tendon? I don't care about the cost I want something that will give me the support I need. 

I ruptured mine in May of 2010, I wear what ever I want now. Confidence comes slow but it does come. Just make sure to do as your told by the Dr. And be very patient with the process. Do your exercises.

I severed four of the extensor tendons on the top of my foot a few years back and my surgeon recommended a sturdy boot that would protect me from hyperflexing/extending.  While it hurts a little (price wise), I decided on a pair of Kenetrek Mountain extremes.  They have been a pretty good boot and the company was great to work with (warrantied my boots after almost 4 seasons).  They are bomber and super comfortable.  At 400 grams of insulation I can wear them all rifle season here in Montana and just adjust socks accordingly.

i am a fan of tall boots and short boots while rehabbing id def use a tall boot i take one of each to the woods

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back