Boots

frankh_541

Aug 9, 2013
I just bought a pair of Lowa boots yesterday, got the proper fitting, etc. Now here is the thing and maybe some people have had the same issue. I wore them around the house to start to try and break them in to make sure they were going to comfortable and I didn't spend money on a pair of boots that destroy my feet. However, the tongue of the boot seems to be putting a ton of pressure on the top of my foot. Is this the the quality of boot that takes a while to break in? I am about ready to return them. I don't like spending close to $300 for boots or anything else for that matter especially if the gear is to help rather than hinder.

same thing happens to me if I'm wearing my Tibets around the house....  But, once i get to moving around in them the discomfort is gone and they are about the best, most comfortable boots I own.

Have you tried a different lacing sequence? Had the same thing with a pair of Zamberlan's.

They are probably going to take a while to break in, but look at some different lacing techniques also. With the locking device on the boot eyelet you could leave the bottom portion a little looser and tighten the upper portion more to hold your foot in place.  Good luck hope they work out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Bakers and took them back, the leather part of the tongue is what was killing my foot and I didn't really want to rub it raw in the break in process. I had them order the Hae Wig boots as a replacement, much softer tongue... Now its a waiting game until they get here. I was told the best way to break them in was hitting the treadmill for a hour or so, any other suggestions?

Frankh check with you gym about boots on the treadmill. Ours will not let you sadly.  If not use a local hs stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened with my meindl boots. I figured out the lacing and now I will die with these on...you'll figure it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back