Boots

JKins14

Dec 31, 2017
I'd like to hear recommendations on a good quality boot for early elk (archery) season in Colorado.  I'm looking for something that's lightweight, comfortable, durable, waterproof, and has an aggressive tread pattern. 

The best thing I can tell you is to go to your local sporting goods store and try a bunch on. What works best for one person might not work at all for someone else as everyone's feet are different. I personally have some Under Armour lightweight boots that I use for early season, but Under Armour's heavier boot with thinsulate felt awful on my feet, so I've got a pair of Danner's for later in the year. Try a bunch on and see what feels best!

Im glad Derek beat me to this because I was afraid I was going to get flammed for saying it... I loved my under armor boots.
I had them for four seasons and they were awesome.
Super light and I put a LOT of miles on them.

My only complaint with them is they didn't do well in or near moisture.

I currently am using Cabela's meindl perfekts. They are very nice boots, but Im not sure if you'd classify them as light weight. They are 100% durable though, offer great support, and are great in and around moisture.

my early season boot are currently the Solomon Quest GTX (something like that).

i have done mulitple backpack trips with them and so far awesome.

they replaced Lowa Renegades; a fantastic boot.  i could jog in them right out of the box.  but they were not that robust.  i wore them out in 3-4 years ONLY wearing them hiking and hunting.  i suppose all the cushiony comfort comes with a cost to durability. 

My Danner Pronghorns have been a decent boot. Just don?t expect them to be waterproof very long.

crispi idaho's are a set to look at for sure...  this time of year last year i caught them on sale on camofire and got them at a really good discount  actually both the idaho and the guide boot was on there    never had bought boots online but i wasnt mad about that purchase  the guides were a bit tougher but the idaho's are awesome  my 2 cents

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back