Bow Mechanic

bloodrunner

Dec 28, 2012
Who works on there on bows I started a couple of years ago I even make my own strings it keeps me going year around

I do all of my work on my bows, built a leanier bow press last year that works great. I build a few takedown recurves and strings for them but not for the compound yet.

I do what I can at home, but I don't have a bow press. I can change a string myself, but not the cables.

When my kids get out of college and I again have some money, I would like to get a press and learn to take care of the big stuff myself. Until then I will continue to do everything else that doesn't require a press.

You can go on youtube and find lots of people showing how to do stuff :)

I use a local bow shop and usually have my bow completely torn down and tuned up every couple years. 

I do all my own work ( and a lot of my friends work also). I have everything a pro shop has. I actually started doing some part work on other guys bows. The money I charge goes to my hunting trips. I never got into string mailing though.

I am slowly switching over to do more and more myself. Right now I just don't have the equipment to do so. I usually take it to the shop, guy I bought my first bow from 10 plus years ago works on it most of the time for free. As long as I keep getting equipment from there anyway :D ....

Learning how to. My bow huntng partner is the only one I trust to work on my bows. I have had bad experience with retail shops that hire hobby level mechanics.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back