bugle like a mature bull ar a young bull?

turbo1967

Jan 4, 2013
when trying to call in a mature bull do you prefer to sound like a mature bull or a young bull.What  one works best for you. Yes I know cow calls but just talking bugles here. If sounding like a mature bull will he be scared off more or will he come into a young bull thinking he can woop the little guy ?

Mature all the way. Two reasoning.....1) bulls are trying to show who's the most dominance this time of year so never believed in the theory of trying to sounds like small bull 2) if bull won't come into my challenge bugle probably not big enough!  Lol!

That one always gets my wheels turning while its happening. I have done both and had bulls come in and also run some off. I have found if a bull is staying put and very vocal i will get in his house a rip let a pretty good one rip. They come in on a rope looking to fight! I feel its proximity to his territory, if you sound small or big and you are on his property he is going to come look

I try to sound Big! It doesn't work every time but it works more often then sounding little (in my hands). Agree with Dozer tho. For me the key to the whole equation is being in his bubble (as you know)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back