Bully Bull Bugle Tube from Bugling Bull

turbo1967

Jan 4, 2013
Just giving all you that dont have one of these the heads up. I picked up one the other day and this thing is amazing . Why didnt some one tell me of this years ago, I have wasted a lot of money on diff calls over the years, in fact 3 just this year that went right into the garbage. This may be the best money I have ever spent on this stuff. JUST SAYING !!!

My brother bought that tube this year and I'd agree it has a great tone! The 1 thing I'd say about that tube is that it has more back pressure than my new tube I'm using this year. We both decided a few months ago to get into diaphragm calling for bull and cow.Best decision I made to advance my calling.

afteamroper said:
What other calls/tubes did you try out?
over the years man no way to keep track , but this year I tried some from  Deep thunder, was at a seminar with the company owner and he did ok with them but I was not impressed at all with my ability to use them.Into the round file the went.Have used diaphragm calls for years but I did try out 4 of them that I got from this site and 3 were great ,1 just did not work for me. for some reason I just dont do very good with the diaphragms with the plastic dome on them?

turbo,

I agree that the Bully Bull creates the most realistic sounding bugles of all the tubes I've tried. I personally like a little bigger opening on the mouth end, so I usually cut mine off about 3-4 inches and add a 1-1/4" piece of tube on the end. This helps me hit clean octave changes and hold the high, clear note without as much effort. The back pressure is just about perfect for me, which is a feature most callers totally overlook. Back pressure helps so much with hitting different notes and holding different notes, without struggling.

Like most gear, some items work great for some people, while others have a different favorite. It's important to try several to find the one that works best for you!

Corey,  Have any pics of your modifications handy?  I tend to hold off the opening a bit becasue of the size and it would seem that this might help get into the tube better.  Thx

I don't, but we'll have prototypes in a couple weeks of the new tube (with the larger opening and a few other improvements) that we'll be using this fall...I might be able to post a teaser picture of it then...  ;)

This is the best tube ever! No modifications to mine! I just throw my raging bull reed in and I am good to go! Works like a charm! Just got the temptress cow call this and it is by far my favorite cow call with the primos cowgirl being second. Using these I have been completely surrounded by elk herds that's have called in.

buglelk said:
I don't, but we'll have prototypes in a couple weeks of the new tube (with the larger opening and a few other improvements) that we'll be using this fall...I might be able to post a teaser picture of it then...  ;)

So the prototype is based on the tube you're using in the DVD?  My next hunt won't be until 2014, but  I would want some time to get comfortable with it...... Do I wait or buy the current model and modify it?

cordini,

The Bully Bull tube is a great tube....in my opinion, the most realistic tube available. If you buy it and modify it with a larger opening, you will be completely happy with it I'm sure. I'd say buy it now and start practicing with it, rather than waiting...

buglelk said:
cordini,

The Bully Bull tube is a great tube....in my opinion, the most realistic tube available. If you buy it and modify it with a larger opening, you will be completely happy with it I'm sure. I'd say buy it now and start practicing with it, rather than waiting...

Thanks for the advice!  I bought the Select-A-Bull with the Conquerer mouthpiece, but I wasn't really happy with the sound I was getting out of it.....Although I will blame myself as well for being a novice.  I may try to make a tube modification on that call and use a diaphragm and see what I get before ordering the Bully Bull tube....Any thoughts?  Thanks again......

You are right on with that, just simply remove your conqueror mouthpiece and you are good to go.  The select a bull is a great option for that reason. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back