Bunk cots

Bowhunter65

Sep 5, 2016
I am thinking on buying a Cabelas Big Horn 2 tent my friend has and it is 12 x 14 which is tight with 3 cots and a stove, plus gear.

So the Question is has any one used the bunk cots that cabelas has.

Terry

I have a set, and we love everything about them except for the weight..........each one is ridiculously heavy, so if your having to pack them in at all, I'd advise something else.

do you mean the camo-cot or disc-o-bed rigs? 

I have no personal experience, but they look VERY handy for tight camping quarters. 

invariably..... I'd be paired with a snorer..... =/

they had a set in the Bargain CAve here in Ft. Worth a couple months back. I should have bought em. 

my friend has a cabelas cot.  it is the big black one.  (refrain from low-brow jokes please ;D)

it is damn comfy.  he uses it in his canvas tent.  it is a beast.  super burly and heavy. 

Boom said:
my friend has a cabelas cot.  it is the big black one.  (refrain from low-brow jokes please ;D)

it is damn comfy.  he uses it in his canvas tent.  it is a beast.  super burly and heavy.

Yeah, that?s the Outfitter XL. Throw their cot pad on that thing and it?s awesome!

Is the tent a canvas test or the synthetic type fabric?  Had my brother in law use a cabelas tent with the cots last year and just due to weather and having to stay inside of it for half day it starting ?raining? condensation on their gear, bags, pads etc.  I don?t know if that would be a concern to double stacking cots....at least not for the guy on the bottom ha!

My buddy bought the Disc-O-Bed this year to use in an enclosed trailer. It is very strong and well made. It does have an end to end movement but we plan to bracket it to the wall and make it solid. Haven't tested it for a full hunt yet.

If you are looking at a cot, we bought the big XL cots and pads the first year out. Used them for several years. Great and comfortable. Room to slide tots under them for storage of gear. I bought a newer model military cot last year in a deal and found that it is not as wide or as long but it is still very comfortable and has plenty of room for me. I am 6'2" and 220#. Look at the different cots and you may save space by getting a smaller cot. After humping the mountains all day you could probably sleep on the ground and be okay.

One year my friend loaned me a car camping pad by thermrest. It was called the DREAMTIME or something. It?s huge. Rolled up it is about the size of my torso. It?s a cushion pad you still have to blow up. It was maybe 4? thick and rivaled a good home bed.

To date; it?s the best night sleep in the wilderness of my entire life. I didn?t want to give it back.

A cot is nice because you can swing your legs off and get up like a civilized person. Ground pads sometimes it hurts to get up. :)

As a get older, i?ll Revisit my camp bed ideas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back