busy weekend

Zpd307

Aug 7, 2017
[attachment=2]<!-- ia2 -->IMG_0009.JPG<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment]
took the oldest boy out Saturday morning to the Mississippi river, actually we camped overnight so that I didn\'t have to get up so early... ducks opened last weekend and I was sure that the woodies would still be thick as mosquitos.... not the case. anyway, I was able to take a pair of woodies.
[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->IMG_0010.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]
came back and took the middle boy out for fall turkeys in the late afternoon. we got into some but he couldn\'t seal the deal. he was pretty excited. took the youngest boy out this morning and got into them again in a different spot. they didn\'t cooperate enough to even think about a shot. no one wanted to head out this evening so I went by myself. you can shoot either sex in mn, and I prefer to take hens as the survival rate of chicks that I see are 6-10 from each hen. our flocks are growing very rapidly! the farmer likes it too!
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0011.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
the middle boy has been a really good helper when its time to clean them up :D
now I don\'t have to worry about my tag being open and theres more meat in the freezer, not elk though :(

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 185
That is a busy weekend for sure!
Good job on getting the boys out and shooting stuff~ Always a plus

Really good to get the kids out and have a fun weekend.... :D :D Nice job on the woody\'s and turkey... :upthumb: :upthumb:

Looks like you had a good weekend with the boys and you have some fine eats to show for it. Congrats :clap:

no boys this time, they were at grandmas and grandpas for mea......
the duck season opened back up and these guys along with a few others have been hanging out in a bend in the creek, where I turkey hunt. 2 more in the freezer for bacon wrapped pepper duck nuggets!
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0062.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 148
I like the pictures Gary! Somehow I missed this thread. I like to see your sons interest in the outdoors!

\"mainebrdr\" said:
I like the pictures Gary! Somehow I missed this thread. I like to see your sons interest in the outdoors!
tim :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back