cabela's Alaska Pack

john503

Jan 2, 2013
Just purchased the Cabela's Alaska pack this year....I have to say what a comfortable pack....It is a little on the large/ heavy side but it is well balanced and handles weight very well....Anyone have any good or bad comments they want to share.....

I have the Original Alaska frame.  It has hauled many elk quarters and I am not seeking a replacement! Great frame in my book. 

I have the Alaska frame and a pack for it. I have never used the pack but the frame has hauled some meat. Use the Eblerstock X2 for my hunting pack.

I had one many years ago, and ended up bending the aluminum pins that hold the arm straps on. Replaced them with steel pins, and never had a problem with them again.
If it fits you it is a pack that will last a good long while.

I also have the Alaskan pack and frame.  I agree the pack is a bit on the heavy side but I've used it on a couple pack in hunts and it worked very good.  If I was going to be packing in more than 3 hours routinely, then I'd consider something else but that's not my need.  I have used the frame for hauling meat and it works great.  I've added additional padding (high density flexible foam) to the shoulder straps as I've often packed over 100 lbs on it and have one bad shoulder so that helps spread the load out.  The waist belt tends to slide down with this kind of load and I just can't tighten it anymore but when I keep the weight more around 80 lbs it does fine.  All in all I think it's a great frame for packing meat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back