Camp Fires

Deertick

Mar 2, 2014
I\'ve always been a \"campfire\" hunter. I enjoy the fire, and figure it smells more \"natural\" than my arm pit odor.

But I\'m re-thinking this year. I\'m thinking of taking a lower-profile in the woods this year.

Any thoughts about campfires?

(A dead grouse is getting a campfire, though ... and elk steaks are going on, too!)

I love a camp fire too but Its so damn dry where we are at this year we decided not to have any camp fires this year.

Back in 2001 and 2002 during the drought, there were fire restrictions so its not that big of deal really

i didnt have one the first two years i hunted there, last year i did. i enjoyed the fire, but mainly i just eat an go to bed so its not worth the hassle to me.

I love them too, but I\'ve found during hunts that I rarely get to use them. First off, it\'s typically pretty cold during rifle season but in addition to that, like Scott mentioned, it\'s more of a timing thing. We get back, eat dinner, relax, and go to bed. Because it\'s a little warmer this time of year, that could change during my archery hunt this year, but I honestly haven\'t thought about it since my area currently has fire restrictions.

Well scratch that, the fire restrictions were lifted. Maybe I will have one again this year :D

Either way John, I wouldn\'t think it affects the hunting if that\'s what you are asking about. I\'d say if you want one, do it.

I\'m a \"cold camper\" .

With the hours I usually put in hunting (Pre-dawn to Post-dusk)...I really don\'t have time to start a fire, let alone enjoy it for any length of time. :(

Elk hunting we had a fire most of the time.... Cooked on it every once in awhile...

Deer hunting at the deer camp there\'s a camp fire going all day since someone that doesn\'t hunt is at the camp all the time....

Where we duck hunt the only fire we have is when someone gets wet in the woods and we build one on rotten log or clay root to keep them warm... We don\'t have a duck camp... Just hunt from home since the places we hunt are within a hours drive and the majority are less than that...

I don\'t think a camp fire make much difference to the critters...

To me a camp fire is a heritage pasted down to me from my father and all my kids have had it passed to them also... I didn\'t start elk hunting until later in life, 1998... Mostly because we didn\'t have the extra money to spend but our elk camp was always warm and welcome to most anyone that want to drop by...

Burn bans effect what we all can do but if we can we do have a camp fire...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back