Campfire Drink

c.rash

Jan 28, 2013
Since we're just sittin here 'round the fire, what's your drink of choice?

I'm a beer man, but I like to sip whiskey when it's cold.  I prefer light beer of most any brand and I like Wild Turkey, though it's been quite a long time since I've had any of that, LOL.

With my Business, and the new DUI laws in Michigan, I quit drinking about 10 years ago. it just isn't worth taking a chance on getting a ticket. JMO

Kevin

I am a beer nerd. My drink of choice is my own homebrew.  Not only is it better than most beer you can buy, there is also a great self sufficient feeling of drinking something that you made yourself.  Similar to eating meat from an animal you have taken.  My favorite styles are Red Ales, India Pale Ales, and I love Stouts in the wintertime.

Water, lots of water and a few beers. Until we punch ALL tags in camp and the meat is at the meat processor, then we will get the scotch and cigars out.

I like a R&R with coke, one is plenty. I have a pint in my hunting box, its been there for 3 years and should last for a couple more. My hunting partner like Fireball whiskey and always like to pass it around. One sip is enough.

Deer camp in Nebraska it's beer.  Turkey camp it's Seven-n-sevens, and elk camp it's orange Gatorade

Diet Pepsi if I am having a fire. If I am packed in usually have to stick with some water with a mix in of some sort to get me something with flavor instead of plain old water all week.

In the 80-90 temps and elk not moving or talking, a few beverages have made it to camp. When the hunt is on, it's strictly water, Gatorade, Crystal Lights or coffee. The usual down time beverage has been, Fireball, Wild Turkey 101, Spiced Rum and a variety of beers. We will only do maybe one fire, due to the smoke smell and that is in base camp only.

Miller Lite but only in moderation.  Good cold beer with dinner.  Haven't done any real back country hunts so having a beer or two hasn't been an issue.  I recently tried a fireball shot and it was fairly tasty.  I wouldn't be against having a shot after a successful day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back