Cell phone onxmaps app

idcuda

Aug 26, 2015
I wanted to get the Idaho hunt maps for my rino 650, but now I'm thinking of getting the app for my Galaxy S5 instead.  Anyone been using it?

I currently use Backcountry Navigator (awesome!) and a solar panel.  The onxmaps seem like a good addition.

As long as you got cell service, it will sync with your location on your phone and show where you are. No service and you just download to your phone the specific areas your going to hunt ahead of time. Awesome app, and free if you join RMEF!

Free? i missed that i guess and paid for my subscription.  30 bucks inst bad for what you get though!

If you when to full draw film festival this year you should be getting an email for a code to get it free.  Just ordered mine, have not had a chance to check it out yet though.

I use onxmaps on my rino and my ipad.

The I pad is great for pre-scouting and the app has replaced the need for Google Earth. 
The different layers are what really sets it apart. 

I have had problems saving maps on my offline cache.  The app crashes when I try to open a map in my library.  I reinstalled the app last night so maybe that helps, IDK. 

Out in the field my rino is money.  I dont have to worry about service, I still can communicate with my buddies and the battery will out last any phone or ipad. 

How much area can be downloaded to the phone or does it depend on available memory on the phone? 

I'm running the software on everything and love it. The only thing with the phones is it saves to internal memory.

Depends on memory of the phone.  I primarily run my GPS but when traveling my phone is constantly finding me new areas to hunt.  If you have questions there are video tutorials right on the app.

I went with the smartphone version.  I haven't cached maps or used it in the field yet, but the land ownership and boundary information is great.  It's not the smoothest running app, but it looks like it'll be pretty good.

Used it on my hunt in Colorado. Put it on field mode, used the cached maps and it worked like a champ on my iPhone. Definitely recommend using OnX.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back